Thursday, April 22, 2010

Cobus - Avenged Sevenfold - Bat Country (DRUMS COVER)

Laus Deo Semper www.facebook.com This is a drum cover (from the Dual-Cam Series) of A7X's damn cool song, Bat Country. Please keep in mind I played this with one bassdrum pedal, as opposed to the doublebass the rev used in the original recording of the song.. :) I have to emphasize, I know calling this a "cover" is wrong, seeing as I only PARTLY stayed true to the song's drums, through the WHOLE song i play some variations of the beats, phrasing and fills, I'm NOT aiming to be accurate to the original drums, I'm just aiming to enjoy myself.. :) And I thouroughly succeeded in doing that, I might add ;) Avenged Sevenfold - Bat Country from the 2005 release City of Evil is the copyrigthed property of its owner. (External) Drums by Cobus Potgieter | jaapvlooi@gmail.com *TECHNICAL INFO* (with my first set of covers, the Overhead Series, i got an insane amount of questions about my set-up.. so here's an in detail description of how i made these covers..) Drumkit: Tama Superstar Custom; in the Blue Metallic Fade Heads: Toms TOP: Remo Powerstroke 3, Clear. Toms BOTTOM: stock heads. Snare TOP: Remo Emperor, Coated. Snare BOTTOM: stock head. Bassdrum BATTER: Remo Powerstroke 4, Clear. Cymbals: Paiste PST 5 UNIVERSAL setup: 14" Hats 16" Crash 20" Ride 8" Istanbul Mehmet Splash Secondary Ride: Zildjian Planet Z (very muted, tightly screwed down) Secondary Crash: Paiste 502 16" Crash Bassdrum Pedal: - Tama Iron Cobra Jnr. [HP200B] *RECORDING* [Two Panasonic NVGS250 3CCD Cameras] I ...



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2ofsvi3MI8&hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment