Thursday, July 29, 2010

Steven Chen - Crimson (Inslowmotion boom cover)

My drum cover of Inslowmotion's yet to be released song "Crimson." I have been playing drumset for about a year and two months in this video. Cobus Potgieter (the drummer of Inslowmotion) was super generous and gave me a drumless version of this song to cover. The text in the beginning of the video is from an email I got from him after asking him if I could cover his band's song, Crimson. I doubt this will come anywhere near as awesome as his original drumming, but regardless this song is still beautiful and great. The part I play is kind of like what Cobus plays except with a few little things here and there I added by improvisation. I think it turned out pretty well ;). I didn't quite realize how empty it sounds without an original drum track in the background, and I'm pretty sure I forgot to add reverb. On top of that, this wasn't my best mix, sorry... I'll remember to compensate for that next time I do something like this. For now just turn your volume up, it'll sound better I promise ._. Also in case anyone was wondering, this song is where I got my band's name from :P Thanks again Cobus! Please comment, rate, and subscribe!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ac7VKRbHg58&hl=en

No comments:

Post a Comment