Thursday, January 28, 2010

Sensitive Drum Solos


Image : http://www.flickr.com


In both situations, rock and jazz, I had success on their own solos found in the same manner as other musicians, and I quote a melody. When playing jazz, I'm learning the melody of each song and keep it in my head all the time. This helps me my place in the song, and makes my game more musical. When playing a solo rock, I think, always remain with the song exist. I often use jazz piece "Take the A Train" as the model for my solos. In both cases, organizing my solo arounda melody, they have more sense.

The first step in developing these skills is to make a song that you are very familiar with Pick. At the moment I would recommend choosing a relatively straightforward rock song.

Step One: Learn the lyrics songs, voice and practice with the recording.

Second step: Sit down with your drums, play, record and sing with him, while the snare drum once every syllable. Quite literally at this point, I want to staynote singing.

Step Three: Repeat steps two and this time begin to integrate the various parts of the battery. We note the snare and toms that are short, which is not to say the syllables singer. Use the pool for the grades, the long, that is, the singer does not get the syllables.

Step four: Now, the record does not sing this time with him. Instead, I sing inside the tune, and move the formulation ofRegistration.

Five: Repeat step four steps and play your drums with the wording of the texts themselves.

Step six: Repeat Step five, without registration. At first, play through the song once, then take a break and reflect on a solo. How to play more comfort, more start to keep the melody in my head

Final Thoughts:

I try to build my solos third parties. The first part is of medium intensity. The center is at low intensity. The last part is when I metem 'with John Bonham stuff!

That everything is more or less is his. If you practice this method for some time to spend, you notice a big difference in your solos.

No comments:

Post a Comment