Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Review of the Toni Braxton CD Libra


Image : http://www.flickr.com


The exceptionally talented Pop artist Toni Braxton has released her CD entitled Libra. I am very confident and happy to announce that I believe Toni Braxton fans, and Pop fans alike will be pleased with this one. With the release of Libra Toni Braxton's artistic excellence is on full display as Braxton has once again delivered a brilliant collection of tracks that could very well be her best work to date.

Unfortunately, it's not everyday that I get a CD from an artist that I can just pop in and comfortably listen to from beginning to end. There is usually a song or two that I just can't force myself to get through. Not at all the case with Libra. Every track is enjoyable and was pretty easy for me to listen to from start to finish.

Pop music fans will recognize some of the well known contributors on the project including Dan Shea and Rich Harrison plus a few other notables as well.

Listen to this CD and I believe you'll find there's not much to dis-like about it. The songs are inspired, the production is simply outstanding, and Toni Braxton is clearly in top form. So much so that if you're even mildly into Pop music you'll enjoy this CD.

While the entire CD is outstanding the truly standout tunes are track 3 - What's Good, track 6 - I Wanna Be, and track 10 - Shadowless.

My Bonus Pick, and the one that got Sore [...as in "Stuck On REpeat"] is track 1 - Please. Good stuff!

Libra Release Notes:

Toni Braxton originally released Libra on September 27, 2005 on the Blackground Enterprises label.

CD Track List Follows:

1. Please 2. Trippin (That's The Way Love Works) 3. What's Good 4. Take This Ring 5. Midnite 6. I Wanna Be (Your Baby) 7. Sposed To Be 8. Stupid 9. Finally 10. Shadowless

Personnel include: Toni Braxton (vocals); Rich Harrison (various instruments); Dan Shea, Siete (guitar); Kendrick Dean (strings); Greg Phillinganes (piano); Tamar Braxton, Babyface (background vocals). Recording information: The Hit Factory, Criteria, Miami, Florida.

No comments:

Post a Comment